What is trust?
- Reputation for being truthful
- Good track record of producing results
- Doing what you say you are going to do
When customers trust you, they are more likely to:
- Spend more
- Buy additional products
- Refer you to others
Half of our survey respondents say they have a great deal or quite alot of trust in businesses. Review our trust trends chart to see if your industry is among the top trusted industries or read our summaries by industry.
However, complaints are increasing and have risen for five straight years exceeding more than one million complaints per year.
When customers don't trust you, they are more likely to:
- Cut back on purchases
- Drive up service costs by reporting numerous problems
- Switch to the competition
- Share negative word of mouth
- Demoralize employees